People need to know that these types of diseases are infectious and can be taken from different exposures to pathogenic microorganisms, which are the ones that will differentiate the type of vaginal infection suffered, the mode of transmission and the type of treatment.
Its symptoms are similar, but with some variations and degrees of intensity. Vaginal diseases can be bacterial or fungal in nature. The first is usually related to sexually transmitted diseases (venereal)
In this article we will analyze some symptoms that differentiate the different types of vaginal diseases.
- Bacterial infections. Bacterial vaginosis. This disease occurs due to the bacterium called “gardenella vaginalis”, and has its location in the vaginal flora. But a change in the pH of the vagina aggravates its reproduction by infecting the area. Women need to know that the first symptom is a strong fish-like odor and an abundant gray liquid. It is the only bacterial vaginal infection that is not caused by sexual intercourse, although this has been questioned.
- Sexually transmitted bacterial infections:
- Trichomiasis. Experts in the field say that this infection is caused by the bacterium “Trichomona”, and the most common symptoms are a greenish or yellowish discharge with a strong smell and pain during intercourse or urination.
- Chlamydia: It is a vaginal infection caused by the bacterium “Chlamydia trachomatis”. Its most common symptoms are burning when urinating and pain during intercourse.
- Gonorrhea. This problem occurs due to the bacterium called “Neisseria gonorrhoeae”, and is manifested by discomfort, although in some cases it can go unnoticed due to its ease, they are slight stings when urinating and bleeding between periods.
- Vaginal yeast disease, which is called vaginitis and is manifested by excessive development of the fungus “Candida Albicans”. It is normally present in the flora of the area, but when its growth is accelerated, it is invasive. Its most characteristic symptoms are itching, burning and slightly thick and yellowish discharge.
Experts recommend that people use an intimate cleansing gel or soap with a neutral or very mild pH, as this is best for your intimate flora. Maintain proper hygiene and the area free of moisture, especially if you wear a compress. When using tampons, avoid flavors and do not allow them to act more than recommended.
Do your best not to wear tight underwear, as well as lycra or nylon in favor of more natural materials, such as 100% cotton. However, you will have good prevention against vaginal yeast infections.
Regarding vaginal bacterial diseases through sexual transmission, the method of prevention is mainly the use of condoms. Although in the case of gonorrhea it is not effective, being the exception to the rule. If you usually have risky relationships, there are various tests to detect the disease in its early stages and to make it easier to treat.
Before the symptoms of vaginal diseases appear, go to your gynecologist. You don’t have to ignore them, they won’t go away on their own, and some can be dangerous.
The natural remedies that exist for vaginal venereal diseases are a help, not a remedy and can be very serious. In the case of fungal infection, ie vaginitis, natural and home remedies have more effective results in healing.
In conclusion, to understand the symptoms and treatments of vaginal diseases, I recommend you go to a specialist.